1. Visit www.AthleticClearance.com
and choose CA.
2. Click Register. All Parents need to register with a valid email username and password.
3. Login using your email address that you registered with
4. Select “Start Clearance Here” to start the process.
5. Choose the 2021-2022 School Year
6. Choose Palos Verdes (CIF-SS) as the school
7. Choose the Sport that your child intends to play or try-out for.
a. Note: If your child is a multi-sport athlete, you will be able to include additional sports on the confirmation page later in the process
8. Complete all required fields for each step under Steps #1-5, Student Information, Medical History, Parent/Guardian Info, Signatures, and Forms.
a. Note: For multiple children, this information will have to be filled out and completed multiple times
9. All parents will be asked to upload two (2) documents after step one including the signed physical and proof of insurance. To upload these documents follow these steps:
a. Take individual pictures on your phone of the signed physical, front of the insurance card, back of the insurance card.
b. Parents will need to merge the photos into one PDF file for the proof of insurance.
i. Here are two great tools that will allow you to merge PDFs into one file and also JPG images.
1. Merge Multiple PDFs - https://smallpdf.com/merge-pdf
2. Merge Multiple JPGs - https://smallpdf.com/jpg-to-pdf
c. Email the pictures to yourself so that they are accessible on your computer
d. Upload both files to the websiteNote: Parents can also use the CamScanner App (free) to take the pictures and automatically merge the pictures into one PDF. Additionally, students will not be cleared if both documents are missing or done incorrectly.
10. If your student is interested in playing their sport in college, please click the “Yes” box at the bottom of step 3 under parent/guardian information for more information
11. Please print the Confirmation Page, the final page in the clearance process. This signed form and the signed physical need to be turned into the nurse’s office then the student store prior to final clearance.
12. If you would like to register for additional sports/activities you may check off those sports below the Confirmation Message. Please make sure to choose only one sport per season. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
13. Participation donations can be made in person at the Student Store using cash, check, cashier’s check or money order payable to: PVHS ASB or after 8/2/21 you can make your donation online through the PVHS Webstore with a credit card. Go to: https://webstores.activenetwork.com/school-software/palos_verdes_high_sc/
Students can complete this step after making the team.
14. Once a student has completed all electronic information and presented the hard copy of the physical and confirmation page to the Nurse’s office and Student Store, the student will be cleared and you will receive a confirmation email. a. Note: Clearance confirmation does not guarantee that a student will make any given sport/team.