Athletic Director: Brian Shapiro
Athletics Office: 310-378-8471
[email protected] Ext. 43205
Associate Principal: D.J. Hill
[email protected] Ext. 43252
Athletics Assistant: R. Keith Propst
Phone: 310-378-8471 Ext. 43206
Athletic Trainer: Julie Bolduc
Online Athletic/Activities Clearance Process for Parents & Students
The process for a sport or an activity is the same with the exception of submitting a proof of physical. Activities DO NOT require a physical.
Athletic and Activity Clearance is a two-step process
Step 1: Complete the online portion at AthleticClearance.com
❖ Visit www.AthleticClearance.com
❖ Click Login, if you have not created an account Click Register
- Return Users: Log into existing account used in previous School Year.
- New Users: Create an account. Register with a valid PARENT/GUARDIAN email address as the username and generate a password.
❖ Select “Start Clearance Here” to start the process.
❖ Choose Palos Verdes as the school
❖ Choose “School Year 2023-2024” ❖ Add your sport or activity
- Participating in multiple sports? Use Add New Sport button. Students participating in multiple sports will have to create clearances for each sport.
❖ Complete all required fields (Student Information, Medical History, Parent/Guardian Info, Signatures, and Forms).
- You will be asked to upload two documents: a signed physical and proof of insurance. - The Physical form can be found here:https://pvhs.pvpusd.net/apps/pages/school-info-physical-exam-form
- This physical form needs to be completed after the student has had a physical examination by a doctor or medical professional.
❖ After completing the physical form:
- scan the signed physical
- scan front and back of the insurance card
- Click the + to add the documents
❖ Upon completing all fields PRINT the Confirmation Message including the Signature Page
Step: 2: Follow the instructions on the Confirmation Message
❖ Get all required signatures on the Signature Page
❖ SPORTS ONLY: submit a proof of physical to the Athletic Office.
❖ Suggested: Submit a participation donation to the student store
Students are NOT cleared to participate in a sport or activity until both steps are completed and confirmed by the Athletic Office.
Use the information below to determine when a student needs to CLEAR for a specific sport or activity.
Clear by August for All Fall Sports (Opens May 1st)
Football, Girls Volleyball, Cross Country, Girls Tennis, Girls Golf, Boys Water Polo, Girls Flag Football
Clear by November for All Winter Sports (Opens Oct 1st)
Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Surf Team, Girls Water Polo
Clear by January for All Spring Sports (Opens Dec 1st)
Baseball, Girls Beach Volleyball, Boys Golf, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Softball, Swim, Boys Tennis, Track & Field, Boys Volleyball
Clearance for activities is needed prior to participation (Open all year)
Drama, Cheer, Song, Choreo, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Concert Band, Color Guard, MUN, AVID, PVIT, Science Bowl, Science Olympiad, Science Research, Mock Trial, Speech & Debate, Academic Decathlon