PARENTS/GUARDIANS ACCESS TO SCHOOLINKS
STUDENTS SEND GUARDIAN A “CLAIM CODE”
1) From your Dashboard click on the Gear Icon, from drop down menu choose Account Settings
2) Click on Your Guardians under Account Settings
3) Click on View Guardian Instructions and Unique Claim Code
4) Copy the message and send it to your parent/guardian in an email or text
PARENTS CLAIM YOUR STUDENTS ACCOUNT
1) Once you receive the “Claim Code” from your student(s)
2) Visit app.schoolinks.com/claim-student
3) Go through the claim process by entering your students unique, case-sensitive claim code
Follow the instructions that appear on the screen. You can claim more than one student on your account
Students can also learn about, research and apply for scholarships on SchooLinks... most are for seniors, but there are some open to students grades 9-12!
*A student’s personal profile and data are confidential and are only accessible to the student, parents, and counselors. College admission offices do not have access to the information in SchooLinks.
REGISTER FOR COLLEGE ADMISSION REPRESENTATIVE VISITS TO PVHS VIA SCHOOLINKS!
A complete list of College Admission Counselor visits can be found on SchooLinks where students can also register to attend these events. If a student would have to miss some time in class in order to attend a college visit, teacher permission is required. It is at the discretion of the teacher to allow a student to miss class time. Students are expected to make up any assignments missed during time visiting with a college rep. Students unable to attend college visits can always let Mrs. Lewis and/or Mrs. Hoffman know and ask for any materials distributed by the college to be collected for them!
ACCESS COLLEGE REP VISITS ON SCHOOLINKS... Register to attend college visits!
Please don't forget to cancel your registration if you decide not to attend or your teacher does not give you permission to attend. Thank you for your courtesy in respecting the time of the college reps traveling out to PVHS to meet with you!
Interacting with reps can help you build a productive college list suited to your needs. Make the most of the sessions by:
4) Presenting your best self. Be courteous. Be confident. Be attentive. Turn off your cellphone. Dress thoughtfully. Ask questions designed to inform, not impress. Send a brief thank-you note afterward. The written thank-you is a class move that can boost your visibility.
3) Showing up early. If you’ll be one of many students, getting there early and staying a few minutes after the presentation can make productive facetime with the rep more likely.
2) Taking notes and grabbing brochures. There will be a lot of information coming your way. Make the most of it.
1) Engaging on a personal level. Introduce yourself with a handshake. Get names (spelling matters) and contact information. If your school says the rep might be able to review transcripts, applications, or application essays, ask the rep for a quick evaluation.
Remember: The rep you impress might be part of the application review process at your dream school.
Asking probing questions will inform and guide your choices. It also can help convince the rep you are a serious, thoughtful person worth enrolling. Here are some options: